In 2014, after practising yoga for many years I qualified as a zen yoga teacher under the tutelage of Daizan Julian Roshi, a Buddhist monk for over 25 years, who introduced this teaching to the UK. [The picture is from our graduation tea ceremony in Spain.]
Zen Yoga is a form of Hatha yoga which is practised by Zen Buddhist monks in Japanese monasteries. It is the primary mode of maintaining health and wellbeing, in these communities which are often far from towns or hospitals.
Since then I have begun to concentrate on Restorative yoga which I believe offers the ultimate experience of connection with your essence and an opportunity to renew.
My own teaching focuses on:
- A gentle practice with a focus on encouraging the flow of the life force, ki or prana.
- Incorporating 3 Principles wellbeing.
- Simple asana practice which is accessible to all – irrespective of age, shape, disability or level of fitness.
- Inclusion of the esoteric aspects of yoga – pranayama, mudras, meditation, energy,nidra.
- Experiencing peace, clarity and wellbeing as a result of the practice.
My aim is that students enjoy the practice, feel energised and leave in a very positive state of mind.
If you would like to come for a 1-1 session please do call or email using the details below.
‘The class was fab. What was great was that it was just at my pace. It just felt wonderful,’ Clare Mc., Glasgow, 1-1 student
‘I love Christian’s Yoga classes. Afterwards I feel relaxed and balanced, physically and mentally.’ Erin K., Glasgow
Call or text 07946 533 706